Please read the following terms and conditions and policies carefully when using this site or purchasing print, on-line resources or seminars.
Terms and conditions
This website is operated by Richard Roberts trading as “Target Learning” (ABN 59 387 239 382) (referred to as we/us/our). Please read all the important information below. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not continue using this website.
The following documents, together with this set of terms and conditions, form a valid and legal binding agreement and should be read in conjunction with this document:
(collective, the Terms).
These Terms apply in relation to any Memberships, Resources and Seminars (defined below) we make available to you. They override any inconsistent terms or conditions in any purchase orders or other documents you use.
By using this Website and making an order for a Membership, Resource or Seminar, you accept the Terms below.
If you are aged 13 or over, but under the age of 18, please ensure you review these Terms with your parent or legal guardian before using this Website or making an order to ensure you and your parent/legal guardian understand these Terms.
- In these terms and conditions:
- Australian Consumer Law means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Customer or You/Your means an individual, institution or government body, its related entities and affiliates or assignees that orders a Resource or Seminar from us.
- Membership means a membership to access the online text book ‘Target Learning VCD’ or any other online text book or resource, whether in full or in part.
- Resources means a learning resource, including digital resources, including image files, video files, audio files, PDF files, word or other document files (Digital Resources), and hardcopy printed learning resources (Print Resources).
- Seminars means a remote or onsite presentation, seminar, or web-conference conducted by us with you, as specified in your order.
- Terms means these terms and conditions.
- Textbook means the online text book ‘Target Learning VCD’.
- Website means the website located at: https://targetlearning.com.au
2. How do I purchase a Resource?
2.2. If you are school, we accept payment via a school purchase order (SPO), as detailed in clause 3.
2.3. We reserve the right to change our mode of payment at any time.
2.4. By placing an order for a Resource or Seminar with us, you are accepting these Terms. We reserve the right to accept or reject an order you make for any reason.
2.5. We may cancel your order at any time and for whatever reason. If we do so, we will notify you via email about this change and we will give you a full refund of any monies that you have paid for the unfulfilled order.
2.6. Refunds will be made in the form of the original payment.
2.7. To the extent permitted by law, we will not be held liable and responsible for any damages or consequential loss (whether direct or indirect) suffered by you as a result of any credit card fraud or use of the Stripe payment gateway.
2.8. We will not be held liable or responsible for any additional charges imposed by your credit card provider or bank.
2.9. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide in placing an order is correct. Please check any details carefully before submitting an order to us.
2.10. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of you providing incorrect information to us.
4. Will a Resource always be available?
4.1. You acknowledge and agree that from time to time, the listings for some Resources or Seminars on the Website may be incorrect or otherwise unavailable and we may not be able to fulfil all or part of your order. If this occurs, we will at our contact you within a reasonable time to either arrange a full or partial refund or change your order as agreed with you or come to an alternative arrangement.
4.2. We reserve the right to withdraw or suspend any Resource or other good displayed on the Website from sale either temporarily or permanently at any time without notice to you. You agree that we are not liable for any loss you or any third party suffer as a result of this.
4.3. You acknowledge and agree that:
(a) all images of the Memberships and Resources displayed on the Website are for illustration purposes only;
(b) the colour of the Resources on the Website may vary slightly due to variations in display settings on computers and devices; and
(c) you have read all written descriptions corresponding to the products prior to making an order.
5. Will the prices on the Website change?
5.1. We reserve the right to amend any pricing errors displayed due to human error, computer malfunction or other reason.
5.2. The quoted prices for the Goods are in Australian dollars, and where applicable, they are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
5.3. You agree to pay the stated price (and any applicable charges and taxes) in Australian Dollars for all orders.
5.4. You must pay GST if it is applicable at the same time and in the same manner as the consideration for the Goods.
5.5 We reserve the right to change the prices of our Goods at any time without notice. However, the price displayed at the time you place your order will continue to apply to you even if the price changes before your order is accepted by us.
6. How do I access my Resource?
6.1. In the case of the Membership, the online textbook will be available for viewing online using the log-in associated with your account until the expiration of your Membership, as indicated on your order. There are strict limitations on how you can use or distribute the Textbook accessible as part of your Membership under section 8 and 9.
6.2. In the case of Digital Resources, as soon as payment occurs (or in the case of a school order, when we have processed and accepted your SPO) we will grant you access to the Digital Resource which will be viewable on the Website. Access to the Resource will expire after 30 days. This means you will have 30 days in which to download or print the Digital Resource. There are strict limitations on how you can use or distribute the downloaded under section 8 and 9.
6.3. In the case of Print Resources, we will post your Resource once payment has occurred or, for school orders, where we have processed and accepted your purchase order form. There are strict limitations on how you can use or distribute the Print Resource under section 8 and 9.
6.4. We may from time-to-time, at our sole discretion and without any obligation on us, offer free access to some of our Resources on the Website. If free access has been granted to you, it does not mean that you can copy, reproduce, distribute or communicate the Resource to third parties. The Resource is for your personal use only and for use with students at your school.
8. Once I purchase a Membership or Resource, do I own the associated material?
8.1. All intellectual property rights in the Textbook, Resources, Seminar and other materials created by us will vest absolutely and automatically on creation, and remain thereafter, in us. You must not remove the copyright notice attached to any Textbook, Resource or material made available to you under any circumstance.
8.2. Log-in details for any Membership must not be shared with persons outside those to whom it is made available by us.
8.3 Except as provided for in these Terms, you must not reproduce, modify, adapt, distribute, display, publish, or create similar works from a purchased Resource. This includes refraining from sharing or distributing the resource in student forums, tutoring groups and with your private tutors.
8.4 If you are a student and you purchase a Resource from us, we will grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-shareable, royalty-free and non-sublicensable licence to you in the Resource you purchase. This licence is for your personal use only, meaning you cannot distribute it or sell it commercially.
8.5 If we become aware that you have copied, distributed, reproduced or communicated the Resource or the Seminar material in an impermissible way, we may, at our sole discretion, permanently restrict your access to the Website. We further reserve all rights in respect of any infringement of our intellectual property.
9. What if I am a teacher or a school – do I own the materials I purchase?
9.1. If you are a teacher and you purchase a Membership, Resource or Seminar, we will grant you a licence in the material (Licence).
9.2. Depending on the product you have purchased, this Licence will be limited as follows:
Persons to Whom We Grant the Licence (Licensee)
Limitations on Usage
That individual purchasing student/teacher only
The Licensee may reproduce and communicate to the Licensees associated with your product by, and only by:
(a) Downloading for personal use by the Licensee/s;
(b) Printing for personal use by the Licensee/s;
(c) Storage, share and use by the Licensee/s.
The Licensee must not do any of the above, or any similar actions to the above, for distribution to a party who is not a Licensee.
The Licensee must not copy, reproduce, communicate, modify, re-use or re-distribute the Textbook or log-in or account details for any purpose or distribute to a third party for any such purpose.
If the seminar is provided as student tutoring – that student alone.
If the seminar is provided to teachers – the classes of all the teachers in attendance.
If the seminar is provided to teachers and students – the teachers and students in attendance.
9.3. The Licence for any product you purchase from us does not permit you to modify, edit, adapt, adjust, crop, alter or perform any similar action to the Textbook, Resource, Seminar material or any other material owned by us. This means you cannot extract sections of the Resource or crop or alter the images contained in the Resource. If you are a teacher and if you need to modify the Textbook, Resource or Seminar material to use them with your students, then you must seek our written permission beforehand and advise us of the modifications that you intend to make.
9.4. If we agree to any modification to the material, then you must state the following on the modified Textbook, Resource or Seminar material: “Original Source Target Learning, modified by (insert your name) for (insert the name of your school) on (insert the date).”
9.5. You must not share the modified material with any third-party and you must not commercialise them to obtain a benefit. We may at our discretion advise you of additional conditions before granting a permission.
9.6. If you have ordered a Seminar, you must not screen-shot, screen-capture, screen-record, audio-record or capture or record via any method the Seminar and its materials unless we have provided you with prior written permission. You must not reproduce, communicate or distribute the Seminar to any third party other than for the use clearly defined in the order. It is your responsibility to communicate to all Seminar attendees, including staff or any students in attendance, about such restrictions.
10. Can I cancel my order?
10.1 If you are a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law, the Australian Consumer Law applies to the extent that it is inconsistent with these Terms.
10.2 If you wish to cancel your purchase or order, please view our Cancellation Policy.
11. Can I get a refund on my Order?
11.1. If there is a minor problem with your Resource or Seminar (as defined in the Australian Consumer Law) we may replace the Resource or Seminar instead of offering you a refund.
11.2. If there is a major problem with the Resource or Seminar, a refund or a replacement may be available.
12. What about the Links to Third Party resources?
12.1. The Website may contain links to other websites that are operated, controlled or produced by third parties. Unless stated otherwise, this Website does not control, endorse, sponsor or approve any such third-party websites or their contents nor are we are liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of your visits to any third-party websites.
12.2. The Resource and Seminar may contain links or refer to resources, guides, authorities or websites that are operated, controlled or produced by third parties. We are not affiliated with these third parties, and we do not control, endorse or sponsor those parties, nor are we responsible for ensuring or guarantee the accuracy of the materials of such third parties.
13. Are there guarantees with the Resource and Seminar?
13.1. Every effort has been made to make sure the contents of the Resource and Seminar are current and up to date.
13.2. The Resource and Seminar are our individual interpretation of the content of VCE Study Designs and School-Based Assessment Information material as licensed to us by VCAA (Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority). It is your responsibility to ensure that the Resource and Seminar meet school-specific as well as VCAA-determined course, syllabus, curricula and audit requirements. It is your responsibility to remain abreast of changes to the VCAA curricula, study designs and School-Based Assessment Information and to ensure there are no inconsistencies with the Resource or Seminar.
13.3. We cannot guarantee that you, your students, your class, your cohort or your school will achieve a particular study score, ATAR or any other grade using our Resources and Seminar. Our Resource and Seminar should not be relied upon as the sole source of educational and preparatory material for SACs, SATs or the final end of year exam. Reliance on the Resource or Seminar, in full or in part, is at your own risk.
13.4. The Resource and Seminars are merely educational materials and are not to be considered or relied upon as professional or legal advice.
14. Shipping and Delivery
14.1. We use the Australia Post standard postal service and rates to send physical products, or an equivalent mail/courier service, at our sole discretion.
14.2. Shipping and delivery times are solely depending on the courier we engage. We are not liable for any delays, fluctuations or failures in shipping and delivery services supplied by the courier, its subsidiaries, employers, agents, contractors or representatives.
14.3. If the shipped goods are lost or damaged in the point they are no longer fit for purpose, you may notify us via email of the non-arrival, loss or damage of the goods. Depending on the circumstances, we may provide with replacements for the goods that have been so damaged as well as cover the postage of delivering the replacement goods.
15. Third Party Presenters
16. Warranty and Disclaimer
16.1. We warrant that the Textbook and Resources we deliver to you will:
(a) match the description in the order form;
(b) be free of third-party claims; and
(c) be of acceptable quality as defined in the Australian Consumer Law.
16.2. We disclaim all other warranties, guarantees or representations. In particular, we make no warranty, guarantee or representation about third party presenters or any information provided to you in the Seminar, and such information, including any suggestions, is designed to aid you and should not be relied as a complete and singular source of educational or preparatory material. You acknowledge and agree that we have no liability for any loss or damage which you may suffer in reliance on such information. Such reliance is at your risk only.
17. Limitation of liability
17.1. Our Resources and Seminars are developed to assist you with VCE studies written and managed by VCAA. We do not make any claims in relation to the grade you will receive in your SACs, SATs or end-of-year exam.
17.2. We will not be liable to you for any special, indirect, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of business opportunities, or loss of goodwill, arising out of or related to the Resources and/or Seminars, including the services, actions or omissions of a third party presenter, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
17.3. In particular, the third party presenter is solely responsible and liable for the services they provide you. If you have a complaint or dispute with a third party presenter, we are in no way a mediator or liaison between you and the presenter. All such claims must be directly communicated with the presenter.
17.4. To the fullest extent permitted by law, and notwithstanding any other provisions of these Terms, our aggregate liability under or in connection with these Terms, however arising (including by reason of tort, negligence, breach of contract or otherwise), shall not exceed the sum of all fees paid to us in respect of the relevant Goods giving rise to the liability.
18.How should I use this Website?
18.1. You cannot share the login details of this Website with any third party. You cannot transfer your account to any third-party.
18.2. You are responsible for ensuring you have access to required hardware, software and an Internet connection to enable you to use the Website.
18.3. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your usernames, passwords and personally identifiable information.
18.4. You are provided with access to this Website for your personal use only – in other words, you must not use this Website for profit or commercial gain. You may not, without our written permission, on sell any information obtained from this Website, use any data mining robots or other extraction tools or metatag or mirror the Website.
18.5. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this Website does not expose your computer to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may cause damage to your computer software and we take no responsibility for any interference or damage to your computer system that arises out of or in connection with your use of this Website.
18.6. You must not make or attempt to modify, add, remove, hack, deface or otherwise interfere with this Website or to any material or content posted on this Website.
19. How do you use my Personal Information?
19.1. The email addresses we collect are only used internally for any notices related to the Resources and other goods on this Website.
19.2. We respect your privacy rights and will not sell or rent your email address to other companies. If you would like to be removed from our email list you can do so by unsubscribing at the bottom of the emails sent to you.
20. Availability of this Website
23. Jurisdiction and governing law
24. Events which are out of our control
26.1. You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permissible at law this Website and all content appearing on it are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without warranties of any kind. Images of the Resources displayed on this Website are for illustration purposes any may vary due to different color and display settings on your computer or device.
26.2. To the extent permissible at law, we exclude liability for any loss, damage or injury however caused (including through negligence), which you may suffer in connection with your use of this Website, or any other linked website and take no responsibility for any loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this Website.
26.3. It is, and remains the sole responsibility of the teacher to determine the correct teaching, learning and assessment strategies for their students. Teachers must ensure that their courses are compliant with relevant internal, local, state and national guidelines, including those prescribed by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
26.4. We also exclude liability in respect of mistakes or inaccuracies on the Website, any unauthorized access to or use of secure servers and/or personal information and/or financial information stored on those servers, bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or other harmful code which may be transmitted to or through our Website by a third party or any interruption or cessation of transmission from our Website.
27. General provisions
28. Reach out to us!
Have some comments or feedback? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
School Purchase Order Policy
1. To order by SPO, select School Purchase Order as your payment option and fill out the purchase order form, including inserting the Purchase Order number and name of the signatory in the fields provided. The Comment/Message is an optional field.
2. Once you have submitted this purchase order form, we will review your submitted form and its details.
3. If we accept your submitted form, we will advise you via email that your SPO has been accepted, and:
a. If you have purchased Resources, we will supply you with the specified Resources;
b. If you have purchased Memberships, we will create a membership account and email you the log-in/sign-up links in accordance with the SPO;
c. If you have purchased a Seminar/s, we will email you to determine a date and time for the Seminar.
4. Once we have advised you that your SPO has been accepted, we will issue you an invoice in accordance with the SPO which will be emailed to you for payment. The invoice must be paid strictly within 14 days of receipt.
5. Submission of a PO form constitutes an offer to purchase, and we are taken to have accepted this offer once we notify you via email that we have accepted your PO form. Once accepted, the PO form and these Terms form a binding agreement between you and us.
6. You agree that the correctness and accuracy of the PO form is your sole responsibility. If goods are listed incorrectly in the PO form, you have 30 days from your submission of the PO form to notify us of this. We may, at our sole discretion, allow any physical goods to be returned to us if they are in saleable and perfect condition, provided you pay the return postage. However, no such option is offered for Digital Resources or Memberships.
7. If we have incorrectly supplied the Resources described in the PO form, you must inform us within 15 days of your receipt of the resources. If you inform us within this time period, we will offer a full refund of the supplied goods and we will pay the return postage if applicable.
8. You agree that we reserve the right to decline a submitted form for whatever reason.
1. Once you have ordered a Seminar, and you pay for that Seminar or your PO form has been accepted, this constitutes a preliminary booking. We will then negotiate with you a mutually acceptable date and time to conduct the Seminar. Once a date, time and delivery method has been mutually agreed to, the preliminary booking becomes a confirmed booking and constitutes a binding agreement between you and us.
2. Seminars will be conducted live and will be either hosted and presented by Richard Roberts or another Presenter, as will be determined with you. The Seminar will be accessible via a Zoom link or similar e-conferencing link which will be provided to the teacher/s prior to the Seminar date. If your Seminar is for student class attendance, the teacher/s will be provided with such a link to distribute to their students via their intranet email system. The link will be active and available for the duration of the Seminar, as indicated on your order.
3. A class participating in a Seminar may do so collectively via a single conference link, or individually via individual conference links. This arrangement will be at the discretion and the responsibility of the teacher or school.
4. The link for the Seminar is for the participants detailed in the order and should not be provided, forwarded or otherwise distributed to third parties in any manner.
5. Your Seminar may be accompanied by relevant planning and assessment documents, as indicated on your order. You may also request a copy of the Seminar material and we may, at our sole discretion and without any obligation, provide you such requested material. However, any material provided with or in relation to a Seminar must not be used, copied or distributed for use outside the class of students that participated in that Seminar, even if the other classes are in the same school.
6. In order to attend and participate in the Seminar, all participants will need to download the Zoom platform or alternative conferencing platform (Platform), as will be advised. It is the sole responsibility of you, the students and the participants to manage their account and use on the Platform and ensuring they have access to the data network, hardware and devices necessary to use and access the Platform and the Seminar. Any rates and fees charged by a network provider in accessing the Platform or attending the Seminar are fully borne by the participants.
7. We do not provide any warranties or representations regarding the Platform through which the Seminar will be provided. We do not guarantee that the Platform will be available or function as intended on every browser, hardware or device. You acknowledge that the Platform may be subject to malfunctions or delays inherent to the Internet, and we take no responsibility whatsoever for any interruptions, failures, connectivity issues or technical issues.
8. Network strength or connectivity are not immediately grounds for cancellation or rescheduling of the Seminar, nor will any refunds whether partial or in full be provided due to connectivity issues. If technological issues are such that it prevents our delivery of the Seminar to a standard or quality that is fit for purpose, we will cancel the Seminar under the relevant cancellation policy.
9. We and our presenters will make every effort to begin the Seminar on time. If a teacher becomes aware or reasonably suspects they, their students or any other attendee may be late, they must notify us or the presenter as soon as practicable. If time permits, we or the presenter may delay the Seminar start time by 15 minutes. It is your responsibility to manage all aspects of student attendance, and a Seminar will not be delayed due to lateness of students.
For Credit Card payments: No cancellations or refunds available.
For SPO Purchases: After making an order, you may email a cancellation request within 24 hours, which, if accepted, we will cancel the PO order.
However, there are no guarantees. Depending on our processing times, once the membership accounts have been created and the associated links provided, no returns or cancellations are available. In this event, the payments associated with your PO order will remain payable to us.
After making an order, you may email a cancellation request within 24 hours, which, if accepted, we will provide you with a 100% refund, or cancel your PO order, as applicable.
However, there are no guarantees. If we receive your cancellation request before we create the membership accounts, or, after we have created the membership accounts and before the teacher has created any sub student accounts, the membership can be cancelled. This will depend on our processing times.
If you paid via credit card, as the Digital Resources are available instantly upon ordering, no cancellations are available.
If you paid via SPO, once we receive your PO number, you have 24 hours to email us a cancellation request, upon which we will cancel your order. Once this 24-hour window has lapsed, the order cannot be cancelled.
Cancellation Policy Applicable
We will negotiate with you an alternative date/time, failing which the Seminar can be cancelled, and you will have an option of:
- a 50% refund of monies paid or a reduction of the Tax Invoice for a Purchase Order by 50%; or
- we will hold 100% of the monies paid or the amount of the Tax Invoice for a Purchase Order as a credit note for you to claim against any of our products, valid for up to two (2) years.
The 50% amount retained by represents the unrecoverable costs incurred by us in preparation and administration of the cancelled Seminar.
- End of terms -
We appreciate that your privacy is important to you, we will continue to protect the personal information you provide us and we will manage your personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment.
1. What If I am Under the Age of 18?
We do not provide our Website, goods or services to those under the age of 13. If you are a minor older than 13 but younger than 18 years old:
- You must ensure your parent/legal guardian approves your provision of Personal Information before you submit your personal details to us.
Your parent/s and/or legal guardian/s are personally responsible for monitoring your access to, and use of, our Website and our goods and services, and are also personally responsible for providing valid approvals for the same.
2. When do we collect information?
We do not automatically collect personal information from you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address or other personally identifiable information about you (Personal Information). We collect three categories of information when you use our Website:
- the Personal Information you voluntarily provide — that is, we collect Personal Information with your informed consent;
- anonymous non-Personal Information about how you use our website; and
- “cookie” based information that makes your use of our website easier by recording your preferences so that when you return to our website the “cookie” re-loads that information into your web browser.
For example, we will collect Personal Information from you if you email us, place an order or fill out a form related to any customer service feature operating on our Website.
3. Why do we need to collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information when you volunteer that information in order to receive a service from our Website. The Personal Information collected on our Website will be used to provide the services you have requested, such as processing any purchases you may make and corresponding with you regarding the delivery of that purchase.
We also use Personal Information to improve your user experience of the Website and for our business records, such as keeping a record of membership numbers.
Your Personal Information may be used in relation to mailing lists to alert you to new products, special promotions, business changes or updates or other information relating to our business.
4. What information do we collect?
The type of information we collect from you will depend on what services on our Website that you use.
- If you submit information to us via a membership webform, we will collect the data requested in that webform which may include: your name, billing address, email address, school/institution name, and class or year level.
- If you submit information to us via a purchase order webform, we will collect the data requested in that webform which may include: your name, the contact details of the signatory or other personnel/representatives of your school, the PO number, name of your school, billing/shipping address of the school, email addresses (including yours, your schools, and that of your staff or students, depending on the product you purchase);
- If you place an order through the Website, we may maintain your order information for our records, such as your name, email address, phone number and purchase details. If the order occurs through a school purchase order, we may retain further information regarding your purchase, such as the names of the signatory and various email addresses associated with that order;
If you use or engage in a transaction under your membership account, we will collect data such as your username, email address, full name, registration date, last login date, type of membership, amounts paid in the membership, payment gateway used, and all relevant product creation and expiration dates.
5. Do we use tracking technology?
As part of our Website, we will be using the Google Analytics service to help us understand and analyse how visitors use our Website. As part of the Google Analytics service, we will be using Cookies and other types of tracking technology.
We also use Automattic Inc. (Automattic), which provides us with the open-source content management system WordPress, as well as various plugins including Woocommerce which allows us to provide our eCommerce store to you. As part of Automattic’s services, we will be using Cookies and other types of tracking technology.
For instance, when you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain general information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and some small files (Cookies) that are installed on your device (if you allow the delivery of Cookies). Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about how you use and interact with the Website through electronic files such as web beacons, tags and pixels.
In particular, the Cookies are used to follow the pattern of movements of users by letting us know which pages on our Website are visited, in what order and how often and the previous Website visited and also to process the items you select if you are making purchases from the Website. The anonymous non-Personal Information that we collect and analyse is not Personal Information as described in the Privacy Act.
6. Why do we use “cookies” and other types of tracking technology?
The purpose of Cookies is so that our Website can recognise your computer when you next visit our Website. The Cookies often include an anonymous unique identifier that are shared with your computer cannot be used to discover any Personal Information such as your name, address or email address. They merely identify your computer to our Website when you visit us.
We can also log the internet protocol address (IP address) of visitors to our Website so that we can work out the countries in which the computers are located.
We collect information using Cookies and other tracking technologies for the following reasons:
- screen for potential risk and fraud (notably with regard to the IP address);
- to help us monitor the performance of our Website so that we can improve and optimise the operation of the Website and the products and services we offer (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Website and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns ;
- to make user navigation through our Website easier and more rewarding for the user; and
- when we have permission from the user, to market our goods, services and business and providing general information about our business to the user.
Even if you have given us permission to send you emails, you can, at any time, decide not to receive further emails and will be able to “unsubscribe” from that service.
7. How do we store your information?
We use different technologies and procedures to help protect Personal Information from unauthorised access, loss, alternation, disclosure or use. Some of the safeguards we use are physical access controls, information firewalls and access authorisation controls to where your Personal Information is held in data centres. We also use data encryption when Personal Information is transferred to and from our service providers. Our commitment to data security means:
- we have procedures to limit access to Personal Information within our organisation;
- we have security measures and technologies within our organisation to protect your Personal Information; and
- we use service providers that demonstrate use of security measures and control.
Our Website is hosted by Cloudways Limited (Cloudways), which provides us with server management services and access to the VULTR server, and enables us to provide this Website to you. Your information, including Personal Information, may be stored through Cloudways’ servers.
8. What use do we make of your Personal Information?
We will communicate with you in relation to any purchases you make from our Website, including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations. We may also use your Personal Information supplied in making an order to: communicate with you generally and screen orders for potential risk or fraud.
We may send you information and updates about other products, services or information about the business that we provide to our customers. In addition, we may send you occasional news about our business and information about other products and services or special promotional offers.
If at any time you would like to stop receiving future commercial messages from us, we include an option to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
We may also release your Personal Information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our agreements, Website policies and terms & conditions, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
9. Do we share your Personal Information with third parties?
We share your Personal Information with certain third parties to enable us to make use of the Personal Information as described above in 3 and 6. By using our Website, you are consenting to our sharing of your Personal Information in the following manner.
We may, from time to time and only as far as is reasonably necessary, share your Personal Information with our web developer in order to service and provide you with the Website.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our Website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
10. How can I access the Personal Information that you collect?
We are happy to provide you with details of Personal Information held about you. APP 12 allows you to get access to, and correct, the Personal Information we hold about you.
To access this information, you need to email or write to us using the contact details below.
APP 13 allows you to ask us to take reasonable steps to correction any Personal Information that is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
If you believe that your Personal Information has been misused, you can inform us of your complaint by writing to us at email@example.com and we will attempt to resolve the matter.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Telephone: 1300 363 992
OAIC complaints page: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints
11. Third party links
Our Website may include links to websites operated by third parties. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any comment about linked websites.
12. Terms and Conditions
13. Your Consent
15. Contact Us
The resources, documents, online textbooks, materials and all other information on or supplied via or in connection with this website (Material) is provided for information purposes only.
The Material is provided on the sole basis that you, your child, your students, your teachers, your school or any end user or recipient (Recipient) will be responsible for making your own assessment regarding correct teaching, learning and assessment strategies as well as compliance with the relevant school-specific, local, state and national educational guidelines, syllabus and curricular. This includes the requirements prescribed by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA).
Target Learning makes no claims, guarantees, warranties or representations as to the accuracy, reliability or authenticity of the Material on this website nor that the Materials are fit for purpose. Further, the Materials should not be relied upon as the sole source of educational and preparatory material for SACs, SATs or final end of year exams.
We also make no guarantees or representations regarding the grades a person, student, class, cohort or school may receive in their SACs, SATs, end-of-year exam, study score or ATAR.
Links on this website or in the Materials to other websites or resources are for informational or reference purposes only and we cannot guarantee the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material or websites that are linked to.
VCAA Copyright Statement
Extracts from the VCE Visual Communication Design Study Design (2018-2023) are © VCAA, used with permission. VCE® is a registered trademark of the VCAA. The VCAA does not endorse or make any warranties regarding this study resource. VCE Study Designs, past exams and related content can be accessed directly at www.vcaa.vic.edu.au .
Readers are also advised to check for updates and amendments to VCE Study Designs on the VCAA website and via the VCAA Bulletin and the VCAA Notices to Schools.